“A villain is just a victim whose story hasn’t been told.”
Why is this one of the things recommended for me on my dash.
There’s so much wrong with this.
1. The quote is bullshit, and indicative of everything terrible about our society, which constantly puts the pain of the abuser above those they abuse.
2 It also grossly furthers the idea that all victims are potential abusers. Which has real life ramifications, because this is actually something that survivors of child abuse fear and one of the reasons they do not always come forward.
3. Bucky has no goddamn business being in this set. He wasn’t a villain. He actually was a victim.
4. We saw Anakin’s story. We KNOW his story. Cool story, bro, but you still murdered children. You are not now and never shall be a fucking victim, but those babies were, so fuck you and fuck your defenders and especially fuck anyone who would think that you are a goddamn victim.
5. We know Magneto’s story intimately. It has been told often. He was a victim once. And then he decided that Genocide was okay.
6. Fuck Fake White Khan and we do in fact know Real Khan’s story. He did think he was a victim, but no, he was not. He was a complicated and amazing villain that went against the typical type of POC villains that we get - he was brilliant and clever and not just a “thug.” But he was not a victim (no, not even after the neighboring planet went boom.)
7. We know Loki’s story too. It’s one of a whiny spoiled brat who keeps trying to commit genocide.
tldr: Bucky has no business being in this set. The rest of these people are murderous terrible people. They are not victims, though some of them were once.
I waited to reblog this, specifically for someone to express this^^. tumblr delivered.
finally someone said this besides me. BAD PEOPLE ARE NOT VICTIMS, they still choose to do wrong. It is a simple human choice…. with the exception of gollum because, lets face it, he was a good person until the ring perverted his soul
>demanding $15/hr to flip burgers
Meanwhile people with actual jobs in skill trades etc some requiring a degree, are wishing they got 15 lmao
Following is the average hourly wage. Some get less pay, some more.
Assemblers and Fabricators:
$11-15/hr for the bottom 15% or so of them
Delivery Truck Drivers:
EMT’s and Paramedics:
Home Health Aides:
Nursing Assistant and Orderlies:
You should see some of the jobs that pay just over $15/hr. Hazardous Waste Removers get $18/hr. For just $3 more dollars they deal with all kinds of nasty lethal and dangerous crap. Would rather flip burgers for $15/hr and get my raises in safety.
Most unskilled work will soon be done by machines… and it’s not just fast food, we have computers checking people out at grocery stores too.
More people need to read this and realize that the more the government gets in the way of capitalism, the more unemployment will go up, and the more business will go broke because they don’t have enough money to pay their workers.
Forrest Gump is 20 years old today. A remarkable story about life, Forrest Gump is still a classic to this day.
From my friend: @angieo811… Follow on TWITTER: @LIBLOGIC
Justin Bieber’s lawyer probably
Coming up with schemes with your best friend
Was this movie even real
HOW DOES AN 80 YEAR OLD WOMAN HAVE THE SAME CARDIO AS FIT ATHLETIC MUSCLE MAN THIS SHOW MAN
a dude turned into a llama and you’re questioning why an old lady is as fit as a muscly guy
Scarlett Johansson and Chris Evans for LA Times
This story keeps on getting better and better